Mould isn’t picky. This fungus thrives anywhere that promises a moist, fertile environment for growth. Given that nearly all homes in New Zealand grapple with dampness issues of some sort, mould control becomes an inevitable task for most Kiwis. Our home ventilation systems serve as the perfect tool to combat this issue, working efficiently to keep your homes dry. Certainly, opening doors and windows during summer might aid in ventilation; however, on stagnant and humid days it might exacerbate the problem – remember humidity implies moisture which ultimately leads to mould formation. The solution? Effective home ventilation systems.
What Are Home Ventilation Systems?
Home ventilation systems are automatic ventilation and extraction systems that help to extract moisture and pollutants from the air to leave you with a healthy, dry and happy environment. At Comfy Kiwi Homes, we introduce EVOAQ ventilation systems into residences. This world-leading solution is smartly engineered to assess incoming air quality within your living space and respond accordingly. The system has a unique learning capacity, capable of adapting itself according to environmental conditions while automatically modulating its operation for optimal performance.
Why Are EVOAQ Systems Necessary in New Zealand?
An average family living in New Zealand can generate thousands of litres of damp indoor air, especially during winter, but in summer too. Larger families are likely to contribute even more towards this indoor humidity level. With dampness comes the potential for mould, and that can be dangerous to your health.
Is Mould Known To Be Dangerous?
Exposure to indoor mould may be dangerous to your health. Here’s why:
Respiratory Issues: Mould releases tiny spores into the air. When you inhale these spores, they can trigger allergic reactions or respiratory problems, especially in individuals who are sensitive to mould. Common symptoms include coughing, sneezing, nasal congestion, wheezing and throat irritation.
Allergies: Mould can act as an allergen, causing allergic reactions in some people. These reactions can range from mild to severe and might include symptoms like itchy or watery eyes, skin rashes, and exacerbation of asthma symptoms.
Asthma: People with asthma are particularly susceptible to the effects of mould. Mould spores can trigger asthma attacks or make existing asthma symptoms worse.
Mycotoxins: Some types of moulds produce mycotoxins, which are toxic substances. These mycotoxins can be released into the air and may cause a range of health issues when inhaled or when they come into contact with the skin. Prolonged exposure to mycotoxins can potentially lead to more serious health problems.
Long-Term Health Effects: Prolonged and significant exposure to indoor mould may have long-term health effects, especially if the exposure is not addressed. Chronic exposure could potentially contribute to the development of respiratory conditions and other health problems over time.
To prevent and overcome these potential issues, we supply and install EVOAQ ventilation systems for a drier and healthier home. Breathe cleaner air every day, prevent respiratory health problems and stop mould from prevailing with the help of Comfy Kiwi Homes. Contact us today to find out more.